The GM-Detailed Engineering shall be responsible for overseeing planning and designing of various orders, obligations and ensuring timely completion of design department activities in line with the contractors.
The purpose of this role is to build the requisite engineering capabilities which will provide the expert technical, design and, construction guidance expertise to support project execution teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review, direct and approve all design and execution plans proposed by Mechanical/ Civil /structural/ Electrical/ Instrumentation and highlight risks in execution – both technical as well as engineering capacity/ capability related.
- Participate in review meeting for pre-execution activities along with lead design engineers, procurement head and plant head to resolve engineering issues.
- Review workforce capacity gaps within the Detailed Engineering team and ensure timely recruitment in alignment with Corporate HR policies.
- Ensure strict adherence to high standard operating procedures, testing and placing orders for equipment outsourcing and change in design.
- Ensure strong Engineering processes and controls such as Document Control, Document Management and Document Archiving.
- Maintain engineering budgets and ensure adherence to the budget by driving value engineering initiatives to reduce project cost and innovative construction methodologies to improve productivity
Knowledge, Skills & Qualification
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years experience in bulk material handling equipment and packages design Expert in preparation of engineering plan and process safety
- Understanding of engineering related risk management
- Expert in value engineering initiative s.
|Education||Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field|