Accountable for the overall Quality function and Management of
quality personnel, third party Inspectors and Clients quality needs.
Key Deliverables / Accountabilities:
- Maintaining the highest quality standards of all products by review and improvement of Quality Control Procedures to Implement various requirements of International Standards like ASTM, AWS, AISC, MBMa and ASME etc.
- Conduct regular visit at vendor facilities for Raw Materials and submit inspection visit report to Materials and Purchase department with necessary recommendation.
- Monitoring of Process and Product Quality Plans, Control plans, Component wise Rejection and Rework Analysis to achieve close to zero defects.
- Maintain the QMS, EMS and OHSAS systems and also maintain 7 Q C tools, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Poka yoke, FMEA and CAPA.
- Review of contract documents to identify and comply with any special Quality Control requirements.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures
- Establishes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
No of Years of Experience : 15 to 20 years