Senior Manager / Manager – Blasting and Paint Shop – Jejuri, Pune
Purpose of this Role: Responsible for Planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling of all shop shot Blasting & Painting activities.
1) Requires discriminating between colors, brightness and shade through manual dexterity, strength, endurance, flexibility and the ability to see details at close range.
2) Implement various Painting techniques including dipping and spraying like operating spray gun, mixing formulas of paint, adjust the flow and viscosity of paint and control the air pressure to the spray gun by adjusting the nozzle.
3) Requires knowledge of various preparations and finish coating; including the correct choice of paints and application process.
4) Ensure the productivity improvement and production planning as per customer requirement.
5) Overseas the paint consumption as per standard BOM and control on cost & budgetary aspects of the process
6) Ensure the properly disposing of hazardous waste and Paint Shop Process Audit.
Required Skills and Experience
BE. / Diploma in Paint Technology / NACE/BGAS / B.Sc. Painting Inspector with 15 yrs of exp
Relevant work experience in heavy structural steel fabrication.
Knowledge of Painting standard.
Knowledge of WFT & DFT level
Must have competencies
1. Reduce rework & rejection.
2. Meet the customer requirements quality product.
3. Identifying the bottleneck areas, analyzing and correcting the same.
4. Ability to establish the MIS and clear reporting system.
5. Corrective actions for all Painting defects
1. Strong knowledge is essential in Shot Blasting & Painting processes.
2. Strong knowledge of Painting application methodology, international standards.
3. Good experience in preparing cost estimation for painting & blasting.
4. Knowledge of productivity monitoring & improvement system.
5. Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, EMS 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
6. Knowledge of Kaizen, 5S, Lean Manufacturing.