1) Should be able to plan the Raw material slitting program for the day
2) Should be able to operate the slitting line
3) Should be able to setup the slitting line for the given schedule of the coil
4) Maintain all aspects of product quality including selection and appearance of material, dimensional tolerance, weight, piece count and app pre-process, in-process and post process inspections.
5) Prepare inspection records and report production data.
6) Assist with handling quality issues.
7) Communicate with other areas on changes to scheduling, processing, etc
8) Report machine malfunctions and assist the maintenance area with non-routine or major repairs, as needed.
9) Should have knowledge of maintenance and upkeep of the machine
10) Should be able to measure the coil dimensions and to determine accuracy of the machine operation and fine tune setting accordingly
11) Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor and assist the maintenance area with non-routine or major repairs, as needed.
12) Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety guidelines.
13) Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, etc.
1) Knowledge of coil handling
2) Ability to accurately use precision measurement equipment, including calipers, tape measure, micrometers, etc.
3) Ability to plan ahead and prioritize workload.
4) Basic computer skills, such as data entry and retrieval.
5) Ability to communicate with management and co-workers, and ability to work well independently and in a team.
6) Experience working in a steel service center preferred.
7) High attention to detail with the ability to follow processes and procedures.
High School / ITI / Diploma with minimum 10 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and understand work orders and written instructions. Ability to use measuring devices and computer system (with training) to check stock
|Experience||10 years' experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.|
|Education||High School / ITI / Diploma|
|Knowledge||Operator / Foreman to see the operation and maintenance of Slitting.|